Can I Appeal Being Found Guilty Of Violating Probation In Florida?

Yes, you can appeal a guilty verdict for violating probation in Florida. The appeals process begins with filing a Notice of Appeal with the trial court. This must be done within 30 days of being found guilty. Your attorney will then file a brief with the appellate court outlining the legal grounds for your appeal.

The appellate court will review the evidence and arguments presented by both sides and issue a written opinion on whether or not to overturn the lower court’s decision. If your appeal is successful, you may be granted a new trial or have your conviction overturned altogether. However, if the appellate court upholds the lower court’s decision, you may still have options available to reduce or modify your sentence. It is important to discuss these options with an experienced criminal defense attorney who can help you understand your rights and guide you through the appeals process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *